Mighty Kingdom is Australia’s largest independent game development studio. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who can create value by applying their technical and problem-solving skills to the unique business of mobile games.
We’re looking for someone to help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, target, monetise and retain our customers and help us grow Mighty Kingdom even more.
You will be an integral part of our product and business teams, working closely with Product Managers and leadership team to extract insight from our analytics stack.
Mobile games are a complex, challenging and ever evolving industry, we don’t expect you to be an expert from day one, but this role would suit someone who has had experience at SaaS companies and mobile technology start-ups.
- Own the data chain. Work with our Product Managers and Backend Engineers to ensure Mighty Kingdom is capturing and storing accurate information securely from a variety of sources.
- Work with the Product Managers to create and maintain visualisations for each product that clearly communicate agreed upon KPIs
- Identify potential commercial opportunities within our products and collaborate with the product teams to articulate and capture those opportunities
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with Product Managers and development teams to ensure correct implementation, to allow for easy, precise analysis of the tests.
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, quickly, even when confronted by subtle data complications
- Tableau: Visualising raw data to clearly communicate your reporting and analysis
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse big data sets
- Analyses: Using excel, Python and other relevant tools for analytical purposes
- Statistics: Understanding the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances.
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous as well as having excellent verbal communication skills.
- Business Insight: The ability to deeply understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve and employ the right tools and analysis to generate thoughtful and informed recommendations and decisions
- Education: Candidates will have a PhD and postdoctoral experience in statistics, applied maths, physics or similar, or a PhD in machine learning
A bit about Mighty Kingdom
- A new opportunity at Australia’s largest independent game development studio
- A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving
- Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location
- Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, menstrual and menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
- Superannuation paid throughout maternity leave.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Scientist”, with your CV and cover letter.
|1300 114 966|