Mighty Kingdom, Australia’s largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Level Designer to work on mobile puzzle games in Adelaide, South Australia!
● Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
● A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
● Competitive salary.
● Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
● Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and
menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Understand the needs of the customer and have a customer-centric design approach.
● Create and iterate Free to Play puzzle levels that achieve both creative and commercial success on mobile.
● Own the development and implementation of fun, engaging level design features from concept to completion.
● Work with product owners and team members to effectively follow a brief and take/give constructive critique.
● Make timely decisions and work to a deadline.
● Work with analytics data and make adjustments to improve fun and retention.
● Contribute positively to creative discussions surrounding game design and new features.
● Use Unity and internal tools to create fun and engaging puzzle levels.
● Meet the large content demands of a live Free to Play game.
● Be proficient at identifying and working within gameplay needs and constraints.
● Work well under pressure and be responsive to deadlines.
Qualifications / Experience:
● Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a Level Designer on live mobile puzzle games. Preferably on a top-100 grossing Free to Play game.
● Experience creating a high volume of engaging match-3, bubble shooter or other Free to Play puzzle mechanic levels.
● Great knowledge of Free to Play games, understand the casual market, can think out of the box and know what makes a good game.
● Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, great at working in a team and independently.
● Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition.
● Understand a variety of mobile monetisation models in order to effectively create revenue earning content.
● An aptitude for learning new technology, level editors, scripting languages, engines, and systems; especially industry-standard content creation tools.
● Proficient within the Unity Engine and version control such as git/subversion.
● A strong passion for creating and playing video games
● Completed a Game or Level Design degree or other relevant degrees
● Experience in other disciplines of game design and development
● Basic scripting or programming ability
● Experience with mentoring junior level designers
Mighty Kingdom Benefits:
● Flexible hours: With core hours of 10am -4pm, employees can structure their work hours however it suits their lifestyle.
● Work from home: Whether it’s a regular day or last-minute, all employees can work from home when they need to.
● Cutting-edge leave options: Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Paid parental leave: Employer paid parental leave from day 1 for every new parent or carer, including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Career Development: 1on1s, discipline representative support and a broad support network create an environment for you to learn, grow and reach your career potential.
● Adelaide lifestyle: Great CBD location surrounded by some of Australia’s best restaurants and bars, and just 20 minutes drive from the beach and wine regions.
Please apply to email@example.com with the subject line “Level Designer” with your CV, cover letter and portfolio. Only applications that include a cover letter and are submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org will be reviewed.
Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.