Mighty Kingdom, Australia’s largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Quality Assurance Team Member to join our QA team in Adelaide, South Australia!
● Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
● A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
● Competitive salary.
● Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
● Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and
menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
We are looking for a passionate candidate who can bring a customer and quality-centric approach to the quality assurance process. In this position you will primarily be responsible for testing games across a variety of platforms and devices, ensuring the vision of the game designer is implemented effectively and that the game “feels right” to our players. You will be able to consider many perspectives players could take when interacting with the game, and effectively articulate design issues and bugs so the developers have a clear understanding of the problem. You will liaise with our third-party QA partners, coordinating their database and communicating issues back to the internal team. You will be great at assessing the priority level of the issues you identify, and understanding the goals of the Product Manager and/or Game Designer. You’re a strong collaborator and great at managing and prioritising your time. You are able to build upon existing QA processes at Mighty Kingdom and add value to our processes.
● Playing a variety of software titles in various stages of progress on a variety of
platforms while searching for issues
● Liaising and coordinating with external testing teams
● Managing and developing automated testing systems
● Reporting bugs and errors to the development teams
● Investigate customer reviews and support requests
● Assist with the development of testing documentation as required
● Be organised and use clear documentation to ensure checks are as thorough as
● Confidently manage your time across multiple projects at once
● Manage deadlines and effectively communicate current status of tasks
● Demonstrate enthusiasm and drive when performing job functions, while remaining
flexible in undertaking other activities and responsibilities that may arise
Qualifications / Experience:
● Quality inspection, auditing and testing skills (gaming preferred)
● Will have a broad understanding of general game design and user experience to be
able to take on a project and thoroughly understand the game’s intended behaviour,
so that testing is efficient and optimisation strategies can be identified
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Excel and Google
● Knowledge of tools (Jira experience preferred), concepts and methodologies of QA
● Must have meticulous record keeping skills
● Communication of constructive feedback to the rest of the development team when
identifying and reporting errors
● Experience working with console technical requirements preferred
● Experience with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft console technical requirements is an advantage
● Experience in scripting and Unity game development is an advantage, but not
● Flexible hours: With core hours of 10-4pm, employees can structure their work hours however it suits their lifestyle.
● Work from home: Whether it’s a regular day or last-minute, all employees can work from home when they need to.
● Cutting-edge leave options: Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Paid parental leave: Employer paid parental leave from day 1 for every new parent or carer, including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Career Development: 1on1s, discipline representative support and a broad support network create an environment for you to learn, grow and reach your career potential.
● Adelaide lifestyle: Great CBD location surrounded by some of Australia’s best
restaurants and bars, and just 20 minutes drive from the beach and wine regions.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Quality Assurance”, with your CV and cover letter. Only applications that include a cover letter and are submitted via email@example.com will be reviewed.
Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.