Senior 3D Artist
Mighty Kingdom, Australia’s largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Senior 3D Artist to join our creative team in Adelaide, South Australia!
● Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
● A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
● Competitive salary.
● Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
● Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and
menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Interpret artistic direction, with or without concept art, to create high quality 3D characters,
props and environments.
● Create appealing UV’d, textured and surfaced 3D assets for different platform requirements
(from mobile to high-end console).
● Work seamlessly with up and downstream departments to deliver assets fitting their
● Keep to a project schedule and communicate issues and deadline concerns
● Able to filter and evaluate criticism in a professional manner.
● Provide mentorship, and artistic and technical guidance to other staff.
● Confidently give direction and feedback to staff and production partners.
● Able to maintain the artistic style of varying established properties.
● Able to develop an original visual style, working collaboratively within a team.
● Create shaders in keeping with the artistic direction of a game.
● Implement 3D assets into game engine.
● Work with the tech artists to further develop the asset pipeline and work with the art team
to ensure the 3D art standards are maintained.
● Able to set up lighting and render assets for internal approvals, in-game sprites and
● Comfortable to self-manage, and a collaborative and dynamic approach to working.
Qualifications / Experience:
● 5+ years industry experience
● Demonstrated experience building 3D assets (models, textures and shaders).
● Demonstrated expertise in interpreting 2D concepts into 3D assets.
● Advanced level knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter and ZBrush.
● Experience working with game engines.
● Experience with Substance Designer is a plus.
● Illustration abilities are a big plus.
● Technical artist (MEL and Python scripting, rigging, etc) abilities are a big plus.
● Experience working with external art development teams is a plus.
● Able to contribute to particle effects, animation or other related fields a bonus but not required.
Mighty Kingdom Benefits:
● Flexible hours: With core hours of 10am -4pm, employees can structure their work hours however it suits their lifestyle.
● Work from home: Whether it’s a regular day or last-minute, all employees can work from home when they need to.
● Cutting-edge leave options: Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional
personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Paid parental leave: Employer paid parental leave from day 1 for every new parent or carer, including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Career Development: 1on1s, discipline representative support and a broad support network create an environment for you to learn, grow and reach your career potential.
● Adelaide lifestyle: Great CBD location surrounded by some of Australia’s best restaurants and bars, and just 20 minutes drive from the beach and wine regions.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior 3D Artist”, with your CV, cover letter and portfolio. Only applications that include a cover letter and are submitted via email@example.com will be reviewed.
Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.