Mighty Kingdom, Australia’s largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Senior Programmer to join our development team in Adelaide, South Australia!
● Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
● A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
● Competitive salary.
● Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
● Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and
menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Will be required to manage multiple projects at once.
● Manage deadlines and effectively communicate current status of tasks.
● Demonstrate enthusiasm and drive when performing job requirements, while remaining flexible in undertaking other activities and responsibilities that may arise.
● Working closely with designers and other team members to create/improve gameplay systems.
● Driving development and taking ownership in a variety of systems such as player movement, AI behaviour and movement, UI design/implementation, and inventory management systems.
● Testing, debugging, profiling, analysing, and optimising the existing code-base.
Qualifications / Experience:
● 5+ years industry experience
● Strong knowledge of the C# programming language to develop, update and troubleshoot mobile and console games in the Unity Game Engine.
● Experience working with the Unity Game Engine.
● Experience with Third Party SDK implementation.
● Experience with Unity Asset Package implementation.
● Ability to work with git version control in SourceTree.
● Experience working in teams.
● Experience in game engines other than Unity is a bonus.
● Strong communication skills and capability to work well with technical and non-technical team members.
● Ability to time manage efficiently and work independently or cooperatively to solve problems, add new features, and merge in changes.
● Ability to write easily readable code that matches company style.
Mighty Kingdom Benefits:
● Flexible hours: With core hours of 10am-4pm, employees can structure their work hours however it suits their lifestyle.
● Work from home: Whether it’s a regular day or last-minute, all employees can work from home when they need to.
● Cutting-edge leave options: Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
● Paid parental leave: Employer paid parental leave from day 1 for every new parent or carer, including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
● Career Development: 1on1s, discipline representative support and a broad support network create an environment for you to learn, grow and reach your career potential.
● Adelaide lifestyle: Great CBD location surrounded by some of Australia’s best restaurants and bars, and just 20 minutes drive from the beach and wine regions.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Programmer” with your CV, cover letter and portfolio. Only applications that include a cover letter and are submitted via email@example.com will be reviewed.
Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.