Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAM START?
Key Dates for the program are listed below – put them in your calendar now!
- 19th November Applications Now Open!
- 14th December Applications are due by Midnight on the 14th of December.
- 17th December to 30th January Applications will be assessed and successful candidates will be interviewed. Discipline specific tests will be sent out to candidates and will need to be returned by Midnight, 30th January. Time to get to work!
- 30th January to 6th February Tests will be reviewed by internal teams and successful applicants will be contacted and offered a spot in the MK Graduate Program.
- 18th March PROGRAM STARTS!
WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION?
Don’t underestimate the importance of the application process; showing us that you can confidently communicate your skills is vital. Here are a few tips:
- Always, always, submit a CV. You can find really great templates online via sites like Canva. We want to see a Cover letter as well, explaining why you think you might be the next MK Grad! Please make sure you send all the above as .pdf files.
- If you’re showcasing a demo reel make sure the links work. Use Vimeo or YouTube, and if submitting along with a portfolio of works, use a platform like ArtStation.
- Your Portfolio. Clearly detail the elements you have worked on in your portfolio. If you have done work as part of a school project, it’s not enough to show us the final product. We want to know where you have contributed your skills and passion.
- Don’t try to be everything. We would rather see one asset finished very well, than a whole environment that isn’t finished. Showcase your strengths first, everything else is a bonus!
WILL MY RELOCATION COSTS BE COVERED?
Yes a good portion will be! We organise two weeks accommodation (we will help book) as well as your flights to Adelaide. You will have to organise getting your personal items here, as well as transportation for loved ones.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF MY EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT DURING THE PROGRAM?
12 month contract is offered and renewal is based on company needs and performance.
IS THERE A MINIMUM SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED?
We are looking for potential, so even if you are not proficient right now but have shown aptitude for learning, then that’s a plus. We do look for a base level of skill within your chosen discipline, so that you will be able to get value out of the graduate program.
DOES MIGHTY KINGDOM ONLY MAKE CHILDREN’S GAMES?
Depending on the opportunities that we have, you may end up working on something for the children’s market, or for an older crowd. Or not! You might even find yourself working on a console game… there is always something exciting happening at Mighty Kingdom and we will make sure you get a realistic and fulfilling studio experience.
Thank you to all the people that applied for the graduate program.
Please be patient and bear with us as we consider all the applicants.
|1300 114 966|